[Advaita-l] Advaita-l Digest, Vol 77, Issue 9

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 19:35:47 CST 2010

All the acts prescribed (as to be performed) and all the acts prohibited (as
to be refrained from) are ultimately aimed at bringing chitta shuddhi to the
jiva.  That is the greatest puNya if it finally results in creating the
conditions for this jiva to walk the path of spiritual sadhana and reach the
goal.  That is the greatest pApa if it hinders one in the path of spiritual
sadhana and creates obstacles to his reaching the goal.  There is a saying:
puNyamapi pApameva mumukShu-dRShTyA.   Even puNya is actually only pApa from
the considered vewpoint of a mumukShu.

Regards,
subrahmanian.v