[Advaita-l] Advaitic Foods

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Dec 17 00:55:13 CST 2010

praNAms Sri syAm prabhuji & Sri Venkatesha prabhuji
Hare Krishna

On Sri Krishna's 'kula': Being son of Devaki and Vasudeva, would there be
doubt that He was kshatriya? Could He who upheld varNaaSrama dharma in the
Geeta become one of some other caste by being brought up as a gOpaala?
Being
mathuraadheeSa and dwaarakaadheeSa, could be a SUdra? And by the way nanda
himself was kshatriya as per your own admission ("yaadava kula
vamSOdhbava...")

>  prabhuji, you might be aware that this thread is discussing about
'food' not 'kula' of krishna..Since it has also been said that kshatriya-s
have to eat meat to get 'bAhu bala'...it is in this context I said Krishna
either SUdra (by his vrutti) or kshatriya (by birth) would have eaten
non-veg.  And please note this is as per someone's observation, this also
I've mentioned in my previous mail..And,  BTW, SUdra jAti is not a neecha
jAti as you are implying above, after all these SUdra-s have the
origination from the foot of that virAt purusha (padbhyAgum SUdro ajAyata
says purusha sUkta)and nobody wants to have this virAt purusha without
pAda, it is as important as mukha (brAhmaNa), bAhu (kshatriya) & Uru
(vaishya) :-))

And then, mentioning that being a "rasika SikhaamaNi" he "must have
enjoyed
non-veg menu *only*..." is nothing but blasphemy.

> why?? why do you think so??  rasika shikhAmaNi / chUdAmaNi is one of the
name in Krishna sahasranAma...and thyAgarAja in one of his kruti-s praises
Lord bhagavAn as rasika shikhAmaNi and there is famous 'tillaan' song in
carnatic music which praises 'mAdhava' in this way!!..This title depicts
one of the 'leela-s' of Sri krishna paramAtma.  And 'he must have enjoyed
non-veg menu' is on the lighter note only, have you not seen the smile
sign at the end?? By saying that I did not mean that Lord was the regular
customer of 'Hindu military or Naidu Hotel' :-)) If you think these are
all blaphemenous remarks on Lord krishna, so be it prabhuji, atleast from
these remarks I could able to get his attention & sudarshana chakra for
'shiraschedana', I am happy to give my head.

I am really unable to grasp that you being in this advaita forum, could
understand only this much
about raasaleela! I hope you really didn't believe and mean what you
mentioned. Weather or not Sri Krishna took non-veg is much less important
than what your words express about His leela.

>  Not only advaitins even dvaitins/vaishNava-s have the better
understanding of this leela of the lord...

On this parva dina, please go through madhuraashTakam, gOvindaashTakam
etc.
to understand the meaning of raasaleela.

>  dashama skanda of bhAgavataM is a better source to understand
bhagavAn's rAsaleela & the esoteric meaning behind it.  And even literal
interpretation of this leela also does not do any harm to his status
prabhuji, do you think managing gOpikAstree-s and maintaining & satisfying
16,000 and odd wives such an easy task:-))??  Only gOpilOla with
extra-ordinary power could accomplish this task with clinical precision
:-))

Do you know what the peacock feather on His head symbolizes?

>  I have heard/read lot about symbolic explanations on krishna's body
colour (blue black etc.), his flute, its holes, his peculiar posture
(tribhangi), his stamping on kALi etc.

Do you know who was called by maharshi-s as "nityOpavaasi" and "sadaa
brahmachaari?"

> have you read bhAgavataM especially those chapters which deal in final
stages of KrishNAvatAra?? He is navaneeta chOra & bahupatneevratastha...
these are  as truth as he is nityOpavAsi & nitya brahmachAri :-))

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar

PS : Sri Venkatesha prabhuji, I hope my above explanation would suffice to
clarify my stand on your queries also.