[Advaita-l] APerspective 17-2

Anbu sivam2 anbesivam2 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 03:20:29 CST 2010

Dear Sadanandaji,

PraNaams.

Quote: "Falsification is complete only when the underlying truth behind both
knower and the known is recognized."

Logically correct but practically never feasible for only one exists in time
(or out of it) - not both!

You need *TWO* to say that one is real and the other is false.  The
intellect will never apprehend the Reality, can it?

Whatever is talked of as REAL is a juicy fiction for the intellect.   So
much so there will never be two.  Therefore it will always affirm itself to
be real.  Thus you can never say you are unreal even in complete
'realization' as such realization is of the intellect.  And intellectuals
always end up in siddhantha not vedantha.

As far the aathman there had never been an 'unrealized' state to leap into a
change.

The simple moral of the story is:  One has to surrender to a Guru and get
liberated.  *He, the Guru, proves the falsity of everything that we have
held as real.  *The intellect pursues the argument that it cannot reject and
baffled that all that it had held as real including itself is now proved
false, raises the question "Who am I?". The Guru's "THATH THVAM ASI" is the
killer of the intellect!  Without the intellect the Aathman alone shines.

Thus the surrender to the Guru only is important, nothing else.

All the sweet meat of vidya eaten would then be irrelevant for the intellect
because the intellect would be dead for the liberated!

Aum Namasivaaya!
Anbesivam