[Advaita-l] GYAnimAtra and the sthitapraGYa (was Re: FW: Avidya, Jnanis and SSS' views)

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu May 20 06:01:19 CDT 2010

tatra vAsanAkshayaprakAram Aha vasishhThaH -
bandho hi vAsanAbandho mokShaH syAd vAsanAkshayaH .
vAsanAstvaM parityajya mokShArthitvam api tyaja .. [LYV 18.20] "About the
destruction of vAsanAs, VasishhTha said thus -'Bondage is truly the bonds
of vAsanAs and mokSha is getting rid of them. Giving up all vAsanAs, give
up even the desire for mokSha.'" it is clear from the above that mokSha =
vAsanAkShaya.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

I agree with the above equation without any reservations prabhuji..Because
shankara himself quite categorically expresses his opinion about mOksha &
declares unambiguously that avidyA nivrutti is itself mOksha & there is no
obstacle other than this (avidyA) for the mOksha..Atleast I hope
vAsanAkshaya here means 'avidyA nivrutti'..na chAjnAna vyatirekeNa
mOkshasya vyavadhAnAntaraM kalpayituM shakyaM!!  says shankara in bruhad
bhAshya.  It is through our whimsical thinking we assume that there is a
GAP between Atma jnAna & mOksha and two are different stages in the
mumukshu/sAdhaka.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar