[Advaita-l] Themyth of strict old days.

Satish Arigela satisharigela at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 20 00:12:56 CDT 2010

Last post on the topic and hopefully this one will be clear:

>May be to get realization/mukti no qualification is actually needed, may be to
>just get the 'initiation' into >brahma viday needs some 'qualification'.  After
>all, getting initated into the brahmavidya and realization >are definitely not
>one and the same...

I see that it is the problem of definition.

What I mean is: If I impart for example the knowledge of probability to a
student and the student cant even solve the most basic problem in the subject,
then essentially I havent imparted anything.

Likewise a fomal initiation into brahmavidya does not do anything to the
unqualified. By qualified I meant one who has gone the karma in addition to
being ripe for instruction. I hope the statement "it can never be imparted to
the unqualified" is clear now.

>To belittle or put obstructions mentally in the way of Realization is totally
>wrong.

Please revisit the original post on the topic. There is a note about exceptions.

Those stories are good to hear but not useful to all. They inspire at one stage
but hanging on to those stories forever does no good.