[Advaita-l] avasthA-traya parIkshA

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 25 12:40:04 CDT 2010

> There was a Email which said that the avasthatryapriksha which is detailed
> in the Mandukya upanishad is not based on the vedas.This is wrong.The
 > avasthatraya pariksha is also based on the vedas.

I think this misunderstands the intention of Sri Siva Senani Nori, the poster who wrote
about this. What was intended is that anyone who sleeps, dreams and wakes up can
sit and examine this process logically, without any prior exposure to the Vedas or even
without any SraddhA in the veda.

Whether such an independent analysis will be consonant with or converge with the
avasthAtraya parIkshA taught in the veda is a different question.

Regards,
Vidyasankar