[Advaita-l] pUrvajas' karma / pApa & our burden (satyanArAyaNa pUjA)

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Sep 15 07:15:28 CDT 2010

praNAms Sri Yadu prabhuji
Hare Krishna

What I was really looking for is historical evidence.  Just like Dr. Kane
gives a specific reference to Peshwa's in Maharashtra.

> Oh!! sorry, then I am not aware of any info. about the historical
background of satyanArAyaNa pooja in South India.

Also does any one have any thoughts why the name Satya AND NaaraayayaNa
used here?

>  Yes, nArAyaNa himself satya why again 'satya' prefix to nArAyaNa??
Perhaps it is to state that satyasya satya is satya nArAyaNa or satya
nArAyana is one of the forms of mahA nArAyana, like various types of
vishNu...Or on a lighter note, it is just like saying : women's maternity
home (in Kannada 'hengasara herige aaspatre :-))

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar