[Advaita-l] pUrvajas' karma / pApa & our burden

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Sat Sep 18 01:31:09 CDT 2010

praNAms Sri Ramesh prabhuji
Hare Krishna

This discussion again going back towards the age old issue, i.e. jnAni's
embodiedness (sashareeratvaM)which I donot want to discuss anything more.
Since this thread started to discuss janmAntara karma phala of pUrvaja-s,
I am closing this thread with this last post from my side.  If you search
the archieves, you can find that we have discussed these issues at length
but in vain :-))

Yes.  Even after Self-Realization, a Brahma Jnani still goes through his
prarbdha and affects his body.

>  his body, his prArabdha is what ramaNa saying 'the view of
onlookers'...jnAni would not have a dehAtma buddhi..The socalled jnAni's
body on absolute jnAni is an adhyArOpita upAdhi by ajnAni-s like us..His
knowledge reveals him the fact that he was/is/will never ever be embodied
& his svarUpa is upAdhirahita parishuddha svarUpa.

Please note that his body goes through prarbdha not him.

>  Actually, in everybody's case it is like that only!! prArabdhAdi karma
phala does not anyway going to affect the sarvabhUtastha antarAtma...

There is a clear distinction.  Brahma Jnaani doesn't identify with his
body.

>  yes, then tell me statements like 'his' prArabdha, 'his' body, etc. are
in ajnAnis' view or jnAni's view?? and if you say that the 'body' of the
jnAni is undergoing prArabdha & jnAni does not identiy himself with it
means he is not at all related to his 'socalled' body coz. for him there
is no distinction between his body & others body, his knowledge & vision
is sarvaM brahmamayaM..If you attribute BMI to the jnAni it is as good as
saying jnAni has the 'embodiment' (sashareeratvaM).  No need to mention
this goes against the verdict of shAstra which says the very nature of
jnyana/jnAni is unembodiedness (ashareeratvaM). And if you say the jnAni
continues to suffer in the body but he realizes that it is ONLY his body
suffering and NOT HIM and hence does not get confused 'his' body  for the
self" then it is as good as saying parallely he is seeing avidyAtmaka
prakrutidatta bhautika shareera of his & as well as his adviteeya svarUpa,
in other words, a blend of avidyAvidya!!  That cannot be the case any way
as the jnyani always abides in absolute non-dual reality and established
in secondless ONLY reality.  ashareeraM vAva santaM na priyApriye
sprushataH says chAndOgya shruti..Because for him there is no duality &
there is absolute nothing apart from Atma..sarvaM hi asmAkaM AtmabhUtameva
sarvasya cha vayaM AtmabhUtAH..

>  Anyway, all these aspects of the jnAni have been discussed 'n' no. of
times both in this list & advaitin list as well, so if I say anything more
it would be repetition only...So, prabhuji, I am winding up my case...If
you have any interest to know more about 'jnAni tattva', you can read Sri
chittaranjan prabhuji's three part series on jnAni tattva in advaitin
list.  I think these detailed write-ups comprehensively covers all these
issues.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar