[Advaita-l] Is Brahman saguNa or nirguNa or aguNa?

Br. Pranipata Chaitanya pranipata at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 28 23:09:54 CDT 2011

But I think the scriptural quote was requested for the statement that vedanta says graduation from saguNa to nirguNa will happen.

The general conclusion is that both these are for different adhikArins. The liberation process is also different sadyomukti/kramamukti.

However, upAsanA, done for citta-ekAgratA, can start with mUrti, progress thro pratimA/linga to avyakta(formless) as one advances in concentration. This can happen only for one whose lakShya is nirguna and cannot be generalised that all will graduate from saguNa to nirguNa.