[Advaita-l] No one is liberated yet?

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 06:04:06 CST 2011

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 12:11 PM, Ramesh Krishnamurthy
<rkmurthy at gmail.com>wrote:

> Namaste,
>
> The eka-jIva-vAda is tied to the dRShTi-sRShTi-vAda (DSV), which
> essentially holds that the existence of objects is coterminous with their
> cognition by the lone jIva. This is a rarely used prakriyA but favoured by
> some AchArya-s, notably prakAshAnanda sarasvatI (author of
> vedAnta-siddhAnta-muktAvalii) and madhusudana sarasvati in some of his
> works.

Rajaram: I too thought it is a rarely used prakriya but as stated in my
mail, in Satasloki verse 81, translated and annotated by Shri S.N. Sastry
for which Shri Krishnamurthy Sastrigal has written the foreword, it is
said, "This is also known as the Theory of Single Jiva. Sri Madhusudana
Saraswati says in his work Siddhanta Bindu, which is a commentary on Sri
Sankara's Dasasloki, that *this is the pre-eminent Vedantic view.*