[Advaita-l] No one is liberated yet?

Ramesh Krishnamurthy rkmurthy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 02:53:15 CST 2011

> << Rajaram: I too thought it is a rarely used prakriya but as stated in my
> mail, in Satasloki verse 81, translated and annotated by Shri S.N. Sastry
> for which Shri Krishnamurthy Sastrigal has written the foreword, it is
> said, "This is also known as the Theory of Single Jiva. Sri Madhusudana
> Saraswati says in his work Siddhanta Bindu, which is a commentary on Sri
> Sankara's Dasasloki, that *this is the pre-eminent Vedantic view.*>>

It is anybody's guess as to why the word "pre-eminent" is used, but
certainly, "pre-eminent" need not mean "most commonly used". The strength
of the DSV is that it eliminates most of the assumptions required by the
SDV, and presents a short-and-sharp path to ajAtivAda. This is the
principle of lAghavatva as explained by Sri Anand Hudli.