[Advaita-l] Important : References to Harivamsa

Krunal Makwana makwanakb at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 20 05:34:27 CST 2011

Jai Sri Krsna

On 20 December 2011 11:17, Rajaram Venkataramani <rajaramvenk at gmail.com>wrote:

> The important in the title is from my point of view! I know that Shankara
> refers to Harivamsa in the introduction to his commentary on Vishnu Purana,
> which is accepted as his work by most scholars.

This is the first time I have heard that a commentary was given on Visnu
Purana. Please enlighten me about this. The only work which I would
consider as being majorly influenced by vaishnava puranic thought would be
the prabodha sudhakar, which unfortunately is a matter of debate for it's
authenticity being attributed to Shankara,

--
Kind regards,

Krunal