[Advaita-l] Important : References to Harivamsa

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 05:17:42 CST 2011

The important in the title is from my point of view! I know that Shankara
refers to Harivamsa in the introduction to his commentary on Vishnu Purana,
which is accepted as his work by most scholars. This means that there was a
clear knowledge of not only bhakti but also bhakti rasa within the advaita
tradition because Harivamsa describes that. I would like to know if there
are references to Harivamsa in any other text especially the prasthana
traya bhashya of Shankara, works of Gaudapada or Shankara's principal
disciples who lived before Sri Ramanuja. Thanks a lot in advance.