[Advaita-l] Adhyaropa-Apavada Nyaya.

S Jayanarayanan sjayana at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 8 11:07:41 CST 2011

#18 Atma Upanishad:

http://library.celextel.com/108upanishads/atma.html

"II-26-27(a). Because that Yogin has become Brahman, how can Brahman
be reborn ? Bondage and liberation, set up by Maya, are not real in
themselves in relation to the Self, just as the appearance and
disappearance of the snake are not in relation to the stirless rope."

#37, Tejobindu Upanishad:

http://www.celextel.org/108upanishads/tejobindu.html

"76-98. When the blueness of the sky really exists in it, then the
universe really is. When the silver in mother-of pearl can be used in
making an ornament, when a man is bitten by (the conception of) a
snake in a rope,..."

#70, Anna Purna Upanishad:

http://www.celextel.org/108upanishads/annapurna.html

"IV-10. (The whole world) is superimposed on the supreme Reality, the
Ground, as the snake is on the rope. No curiosity is aroused as
regards these superimposed wonders."

#86, Yoga Kundalini Upanishad:

http://www.celextel.org/108upanishads/yogakundalini.html

"79. Like the conception of the snake in a rope, so the idea of the
release from life and Samsara is the delusion of time."

This was discussed earlier on the list:
http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2006-April/016303.html
[Advaita-l] snake-rope example
Tue Apr 18 00:16:25 CDT 2006