[Advaita-l] Bhakthi and Jnana in Advaitha

sriram srirudra at vsnl.com
Fri Jul 8 08:25:44 CDT 2011

Dears
I just went through all the postings at a stretch to get a clear idea as to what is superior as per advaitha.I think Atmabodha bySri  AdiSankara gives  the answer :Jnana is a must for mumukshuthvam-liberation.A verse says that just like heat is required for cooking, jnana is required for liberation.Again bhakthi is one pointed effort to realise the Athman within.There is also a verse regarding this.
As per my understanding Jnana is superior to Bhakthi.Bhatkthi leads the way and Jnana confirms that this is IT.R.Krishnamoorthy