[Advaita-l] Advaita and Bhakti

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Jul 12 01:25:41 CDT 2011

another, for example, is the wrongly attributed view to him that he
believes that through viveka alone a direct
experience of Atman can accrue.

praNAms Sri Subhanu prabhuji
Hare Krishna

I think a little elaboration on your above observation is required.
Otherwise it would lead to further questions i.e. whether shAstra vAkya
janita viveka (through shravaNAdi sAdhana) would fetch us 'yathArtha
jnAna' or not??  whether after this viveka, is there any 'vidhi' to be
completed to 'experience' the Atman??  whether this viveka which is not
able to give us the experience of Atman, is all about 'kevala avasthAtraya
viveka, which is as enshrined in the shruti itself ?? or after this
viveka, whether any additonal sAdhana is required to directly 'experience'
the Atman??   etc.  So, when we talk about a particular term 'viveka'
which is unable to give us direct (aparOksha) experience of Atman, we have
to be clear whether this viveka is out of shAstra janita viveka or
independent viveka like avasthAtraya viveka done independently without
shruti/shAstra aid?? I think this is what Sri Atmachaitanya prabhuji also
discussed/contested in Sri SSS's list.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar