[Advaita-l] Poor Parabrahman!!

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 06:05:59 CDT 2011

Namaste

Sriman Narayana is Ananta Kalyana Guna Mahodadhi. He has countless
Kalyana Gunas only but not Heya Gunas. If you say He has Vrana it is
not correct because Vrana is not Kalyana Guna. He cannot be Sthula
because it is not Kalyana Guna. He cannot be fat. We have to take both
Nirguna Sruti and Saguna Sruti If Nirguna Sruti says Apanipadam
Achakshu but Saguna Sruti says Sahsra Shirsha Purusha Sahasrakshaha
Sahasrapat. You cannot make Saguna Sruti false.

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 3:18 PM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:
> The above remarks of the pontiff of Palimaru Mutt Sri Vidyamanya Tirtha
> are
> founded on his ignorance of the shruti and smriti passages that form an
> authority on the nature of Brahman:
>
> praNAms
> Hare Krishna
>
> It seems our dvaita bandhu-s have more 'chapala & utsAha' than advaitins
> to do 'vAda' on vedAnta siddhAnta.  Right from top most order (from
> madhvAchArya) to down the line (the pontiff mentioned above) all Acharya-s
> have made it a habit to attack advaita while propagating their
> siddhAnta:-))
>
>  Anyway, shruti tells us about saguNa as well as nirguNa aspect of
> brahman.  satyaM, jnAnam anantaM, he is hiraNya rUpa and has beard etc.
> says shruti at one place but it also emphasizes at another place that
> brahman is adreshyaM, agrAhyaM, agOtraM, avarNaM, achakshushrotraM
> tadapANipAdaM (mundaka already quoted) and akAyaM, avraNaM, asnAviraM,
> shuddhaM, apApaviddhaM (IshAvAsya), astUlaM, anaNu, ahrasvaM, adeerghaM,
> alOhitaM,..aprANaM, amanaH, ashrOtraM (bruhadAraNyaka).  From these
> shruti-s it is quite clear that shruti is telling us that parabrahman   is
> absolute nirvishesha...But these quotes donot satisfy the dvaitins, they
> say it is true that brahman is earless, eyeless, bodyless etc.  But it has
> to be interpreted in such a way that brahman does not have 'prAkruta'
> (panchabhUtAtmaka) shareera but he has divine, everlasting aprAkruta
> shareera, so akAyam means devoid of prAkruta shareera but he indeed has
> aprAkruta shareera.  When I quoted sarvendriya vivarjita from geeta 13th
> chapter, dvaita bandhu-s there jumped on my neck and insisted that he is
> prAkruta indriya vivarjita but has a special set of aprAkruta shareera,
> indriya...But when I asked them whether it is applicable to avraNaM also??
> Since brahman does not have any prAkruta wounds, he would be having
> aprAkruta vraNam then, likewise, astUla, anaNu, ahrasva, adeerghaM etc.
> also tobe interpreted in this manner and we have to say brahman is
> aprAkrutically stUla, aNu, deergha, hrasva etc. :-)) For this, there is no
> convincing answer from them, as usual, they tried to confuse me with some
> irrelevant quotes & clarifications.
>
> Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
> bhaskar

-Venkatesh