[Advaita-l] Poor Parabrahman!!

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Jul 26 07:29:09 CDT 2011

Namaste

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Just a quick shot before closing shop at office :-))

Sriman Narayana is Ananta Kalyana Guna Mahodadhi. He has countless
Kalyana Gunas only but not Heya Gunas.

> Not so, he is everything, you cannot put barriers around him and say he
is only 'this' much..that makes him finite irrespective of his 'ananta'
kalyAna guNa..

If you say He has Vrana it is not correct because Vrana is not Kalyana
Guna.

>  In that case dvaitins should not argue that akAyaM is meant to say
aprAkruta kAya..dvaitins cannot selectively interpret one for their
convenience & discard other :-))

He cannot be Sthula because it is not Kalyana Guna. He cannot be fat.

>  but smruti says he is aNurbruhat krusha stUlo...and svetAshwatara
shruti too..

We have to take both Nirguna Sruti and Saguna Sruti

>  yes, advaitins do that without any hesitation :-))

If Nirguna Sruti says Apanipadam Achakshu but Saguna Sruti says Sahsra
Shirsha Purusha Sahasrakshaha
Sahasrapat. You cannot make Saguna Sruti false.

>  where did I say saguNa shruti is false?  I am just asking for the
consistency in interpreting the same shruti vAkya-s by dvaitins.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar