[Advaita-l] Vegetarianism

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः lalitaalaalitah at lalitaalaalitah.com
Sun Apr 15 06:42:37 CDT 2012

*श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <http://www.lalitaalaalitah.com/>
lalitAlAlitaH <http://about.me/lalitaalaalitah/bio>*

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 14:52, <rajaramvenk at gmail.com> wrote:
  First of all, you skipped the duty to define hiMsA.

BTW, you can only eat food cooked offered in yajna or you eat sin. It does
> not matter if you are a kshatriya or a brahmana.

That supports shAstrIya definition of hiMsA.

> How many yajnas involve animal sacrifice? None of the daily and mandatory
> ones do. So, there is no room for animal killing for just satisfying the
> tongue.

It's not a poll booth where we count votes. So, number of yaGYa-s which
involve or not is not important at all.

 We will reform UK and then come to UP :)

Actually, there is a work by vishvanAtha pa~nchAnana which is named -
mAMsatattvavivekaH. It supports eating non-veg and is based on
dharma-shAstra-s, itihAsa, purANa, etc. It was written to refute south
indian view that no hindu(esp. brAhmaNa-s) should eat mAMsa. People of
mithilA and ba~NgAla still follow shAstra-s in this respect. People of
kAshI are not too different and so they eat mAMsa, etc.
Your social reform is definitely not a shAstrIya one. So, shAstrIya people
don't need them.
And, you will be unable to reply to objections of common people, as that of
abhishek's friend.
So, you must try some reforms to your views.