[Advaita-l] Vegetarianism

rajaramvenk at gmail.com rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 14:30:48 CDT 2012

You are right. I did not equate muslim's halal to vedic yajnas. British scientists have called ban on halal and I support it. I used it as an example to say that even they do and vaidhikas cannot say we can kill for food, dress etc.

Buddha's recommendation is not compassionate compared to Vedic ideal. His recommendation only blinds the monks to the realities behind animal slaughter. Vedas want brahmanas to kill and eat the prescribed pea nut sized remnants even if they don't like it - but do it ONLY for welfare of the world.