[Advaita-l] Vegetarianism

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 14:52:14 CDT 2012

On Tuesday, April 17, 2012, श्रीमल्ललितालालितः wrote:

> *श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <http://www.lalitaalaalitah.com/>
> lalitAlAlitaH <http://about.me/lalitaalaalitah/bio>*
>

> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 00:23, <rajaramvenk at gmail.com <javascript:_e({},
> 'cvml', 'rajaramvenk at gmail.com');>> wrote:
>
>> .
>>
>> But here you are, who claims to be a vaidhika, who says that animals can
>> be brutally slaughtered without chanting mantras in a vedic yajna.
>>

> Did I say this !!??

Yes. You supported common people eating meat - remember at least your
posts. None of them do Vedic yajna.

> And calls me a buddhist! You can't show one mandatory paka yajna where
>> animals are killed and hence your argument is shunya.
>>

> There are yaGYa-s of great importance which need pashu.
> Moreover, I already replied your this line of thought.

You are not telling something I didnt say. Vedas prescribe yajnas involving
animal sacrifice when and only when it for a higher good - not for
selfishly satisfying the palette.

>> But I won't call you a Buddhist because they will feel disgraced - at
>> least they follow their tradition.
>>

> Don't always go personal. I didn't say that you are a bauddha. Find it
> anywhere in my post. I just said that your stance is that of bauddha-s.

You have not shown one instance where my position is wrong or at variance
with Vedic conception or in line with Buddhist stance. In my response to
Sri Sunil, I even argue that Busdhist conception of monks not seeing animal
slaughter is selfish. Calling my stance Buddhist is no different to calling
me Buddhist (on this).

> And don't use too harsh language. It's not first time that you are using
> rough language.

You are bothered about harsh language but what about harsh treatment to
animals? I did not use any harsh language. I just said that one who
supports the mass slaughter is a-vaidhika. I hold that position.