[Advaita-l] Interesting info on Krishnaashtami day.

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Thu Aug 9 22:20:36 CDT 2012

On Fri, 10 Aug 2012, श्रीमल्ललितालालितः wrote:

> I've seen many people, including sadAnanda, posting such things in many
> forums. While at advaitin yahoo group his 'amendments to dharma and
> shAstra' go without any protest because of posters having repulsion to and
> ignorant of shAstra-s are dominant there; it is not same here. I'm happy to
> see that at least traditionals are not barred to speak here. In this way
> this forum is supporting traditional view.

As for myself I am trying to pursue truth.  It was by no means
foreordained that I would support traditional views -- in fact rather
unlikely given my life history -- but I do so because for the most part it
is the truth pure and simple.  Where the truth is in a modern direction I
will pursue it there too.  But most of these reformer types are not
satyavadis.  Like the proverbial ostrich who buries his head in the sand,
when their pet theories are challenged they either retreat into fantasy or
try and shut down the discussion.

Isn't it funny?  Vedanta is supposed to be the destroyer of delusion but
these people favor it precisely in order to support their delusions.