[Advaita-l] Advaiti Response to this report?

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Tue Jan 10 22:33:06 CST 2012

Namaste,

/////

Puranas have said there is Kruta Yuga Treta Yuga Dwapara Yuga and Kali
Yuga and again Kruta Yuga Treta Yuga... This cycle is repeating for
ever. Where is said the cycle is Mithya? Everyday in Sankalpa we say
the Tithi Nakshatra, Yoga, Karana and others but it is also in the
same cycle. Where is the Mithyatva here? This same Khara Nama
Samvatsara Pausha Masa will come again and again and the other things
like Vaivasvata Manvantara Ashtavimshatitama Kali Yuga will come again
and again. How this will become Mithya? The World is the Repeating
Reality. But we cannot call it as Mithya.

//

If one takes delight in viewing oyster shell to be silver, let it be !

For whom, it is shubha tithi, shubha nakshatra, shubha yoga, shubha karana, khara nama
samvatsara, pushya masa? Certainly not for brahmavit.  When the knot of ignorance has
been removed, one is in one's swa-swarupa sthiti, that state is described as "na tatra suryo bhAti na tatra chandra tArakam".   Whereas, the origin of kalachakra is from chandra & tara.

I think, before studying all the so-called high sounding books, people who are arguing about advaita, should undergo the study of advaitic primer "Dakshinamurty Stotra"
to have basic understanding of what Advaita is.

sriram