[Advaita-l] Advaiti Response to this report?

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Fri Jan 13 00:36:55 CST 2012

On Sun, 8 Jan 2012, Venkatesh Murthy wrote:

> 'It is not strange on the part of an Advaitin to deny evidences when he
> is denying the visible world itself.'

I wonder if whoever wrote that believes in sunrise or sunset?  I hope that
anyone with a modicum of education realizes that the sun does not actually
rise or set.  In fact it is the Earth which is orbiting the Sun.  But this
is "denying the visible world itself" is it not?  Once our Vaishnava
champion understands how we can talk about e.g. "perform sandhyavandana at
sunrise." and yet understand the higher truth of astronomy, he will begin
to understand why "an advaitin...is denying the visible world itself." is
a very silly thing to say.