[Advaita-l] Advaiti Response to this report?

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 13 10:36:09 CST 2012

> The Vacarambana Sruti has said the Upadana of World is Brahman. But
> how does it make the World Mithya? If Sruti is saying Brahman is
> Upadana of World and World is false the whole Vacarambhana Sruti will
> become useless. It is correct to speak of Upadana of something real
> only. What is the point in saying Upadana of Mithya thing? Ekam Eva
> Advitiyam is there also. True. Then we can say Brahman is Main reality
> and the World is depending on Brahman and it is also Brahman material
> only. Without Brahman the World is not there. But it is wrong to say
> the World is Mithya.

Look, you have been asked to explain or define what you understand by the
words satya and asatya.

You have also been told by another member that you misunderstand what is
meant by the word mithyA.

If you care to have a meaningful discussion, please address these two points
first. Otherwise, your tone of exaggerated complaint, quoting Rangaramanuja
bhAshya here, mAdhva bhAshya there, will not inspire any serious response
from other members of this list. In general, the frequent contributors to this
list's discussions are a very patient lot. Please do not abuse their kindness. I
am saying this in my capacity as a moderator of this list.

Returning to general member mode, I notice that you have ignored a number
of other points made by Sri Subrahmanian, Sri Lalitalalitah, Sri Praveen Bhat,
Sri Sadananda and myself. Do take some time to assimilate those and see if
you have anything to add to what you have already said.

Vidyasankar