[Advaita-l] Final Message Mayavada to Brahmavada

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Tue Jan 17 01:02:26 CST 2012

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012, Venkatesh Murthy wrote:

> My point is we have to move from Mayavada to Brahmavada.

Yes of course.  But have you considered why this darshana is called
advaita ("not-two") rather than aikya ("one")?

> Maya is brought in to explain the world.

Exactly.  Duality is the normal every day experience.  "Everyone knows"
the sun rises and sets until they learn the science of astronomy when they
realize that what "everyone knows" is wrong.  In the same way, it is
only when one learns the Vedanta shastra that the maya that "everyone
knows" is revealed as false.