[Advaita-l] mleccha-s not eligible to take Hinduism??

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Jul 13 06:07:50 CDT 2012

sAshtAnga praNAms Sri Jaldhar Vyas prabhuji
Hare Krishna

What does Upanayana have to do with adhyatma?  It is a symbol of adhikara
for karma.

>  prabhuji, dont you think this samskAra is required to do sAdhana in
'veda' mArga?? sAdhana in veda mArga includes nitya & naimittika karma-s
and  for that dvijatva saMskAra is required is it not??  And IMHO, for the
pratyaksha sAdhana-s like shravaNa, manana & nidhidhyAsaM, dvijatva or
upanayana saMskAra is required as these sAdhana-s are directly related to
vedAdhyayana & shAstra vAkya..Kindly correct me if I am wrong.

Sadhakas in Advaita Vedanta stop wearing Yagnopavita even if
they have been rigorously orthodox their entire lives.

>  I am really surprised to see this statement from your goodself
prabhuji.  And it is also surprising to me that  Sri vidyA prabhuji too
has also seemed to agree to your above statement as he said except those
personal advice to Sri shivashankara prabhuji, he has agreed to all your
explanations/clarifications.  Do you mean to say an advaita vedAnta
sAdhaka, just because he started to pursue his sAdhana in jnAna mArga, can
become the 'saMskAraheena' or 'Ashrama bhrashta'??  Can he take out his
yagnOpaveeta without taking the formal saNyAsa by thinking wearing
yagnOpaveeta and doing related karma-s are something 'extra stupid' & it
is a hindrance to his adhyAtmika sAdhana in advaita vedAnta ?? I know I am
missing something here, a line of clarification would be highly
appreciated.

Your humble servant
Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar