[Advaita-l] Brahmin bridegrooms not getting brides *

sriram srirudra at vsnl.com
Fri Jun 29 06:02:38 CDT 2012

Dear
The reluctance of father/mother /both to marry off their daughter to a
vaidhika brahmana also contributes to this state of  affairs.Here the
parents think that the status of a vaidhika brahmana is lower in society not
due to absence of wealth but it is perceived to be lower for declaring in
society that their son -in-law is a vaidhika brahmana.Iam no exception.
So also a businessman as a son -in-law is only a second or third
choice.Parents want their daughters to be well above wants and also society
accepted status levels.May be there is no logical reason but it is
there.Like preference for a fair skinned girl to a swarthy.These are all
unexplained but these prejudices do exist.Only education by our Upanyasa
Karthas -like our Velukudi Krishnan Swamigal -will remove this type of
prejudices.R.Krishnamoorthy.