[Advaita-l] brahmacharya in Raja yoga abhyAsa and advaita anushtAna

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 12:05:48 CST 2012

2012/3/3 Ramakrishna Upadrasta <uramakrishna at gmail.com>

> But, what is interesting is that dhruva Himself was born in to
> uttAnapAda, who was born in the very same vaMsha!

Yes.  Even in the case of PrahlAda who was born in the asura kula we see
the total difference in the make up.  Factors like IshvarAnugraha and
self-effort do have a role in the making of an exalted person.  In
prahlAda's case Narada's intervention at the pregnancy stage itself turned
out to be the chief input.  In Dhruva's case the Mother's
goading/encouragement and Narada's upadesha and grace along with his own
determination brought about a collective effect.

Regards,
subrahmanian.v