[Advaita-l] : Sankhya and Yoga can give Moksha?

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Thu May 17 05:40:05 CDT 2012

Namaste

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 5:52 PM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:

>> then what makes him this jeevan mukta to forget his svarUpa in king's
> body??  why he is reluctant to come out from king's body?? why his shishya
> padmapAda has to remind & request him for the return??  If you are really
> sincere in doing the sUkshma vichAra analysis in mAdhaveeya & other
> prachalita biographies, you have to answer these questions also without
> blindly accepting these as factual incidents and granting all rights to
> bhagavatpAda in the name of jeevanmukti.

He is showing how ordinary persons can become trapped enjoying nice
things and the foolishness. But he was not actually trapped in King's
body.

>>  if you have already realized that all these episodes are his leela and
> he is really not affected by this, then you should have not raised the
> questions like whether his stUla shareera or sUkshma shareera affected by
> seed loss, etc.  The sUkshma vichAra vimarshe not at all required for the
> person who has faith in his Acharya & his leela mAtra vinOda.  But you are
> still asking the questions and want to do the analysis on these episodes,
> that means you are not ready to accept these as mere leela for the
> guidance to others.  So, when you are freely questioning & analysing the
> 'veerya skhalana' and usage of vajrOli in shankara's sUksha body, you are
> not supposed to ask other person to stop asking questions on the
> credibility of these episodes.
This is my point. Even though it is Leela of Adi Sankara he is
teaching others how to behave in Parakaya Pravesha. If some one is
doing Parakaya Pravesha today and enjoying like how Adi Sankara was
doing he has to do Vajroli when he comes back to his body. Say some
person A goes into B's body and enjoys B's things including woman. If
A wants to protect his Brahmacharya when he returns back to his body
he has to do Vajroli. Because the memories of the enjoyments will be
strong when he comes back. To stop thinking about them and to make
Kundalini flow upwards he has to do Vajroli.

But Adi Sankara does not have to do Vajroli. Because he is already
Jeevan Mukta. His Brahmacharya is always there and never lost.

> Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
> bhaskar

-Venkatesh