[Advaita-l] Supreme Brahman - the Ruler in Advaita?

Srinath Vedagarbha svedagarbha at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 12:31:45 CDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 8:24 AM, V Subrahmanian
<v.subrahmanian at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 1:41 PM, <rajaramvenk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In 16.14, ishwara means the lord only. It is condemned as asuree bhava
>> because it is a false thinking.
>

> That is the mistake the non-advaitins make

I hope you are not implying Madhusudhana is a non-advaitin!. This is
because this whole conversation originated from Madhusudhana's
position that Advaita is non-dualistic theism.

> Surely this is the correct Vedantic teaching and not 'I am the
> saguNa Ishwara.'  Those who have studied the Advaita vedanta under
> sampradaya acharyas and have the benefit of the global view of Advaita
> vedanta alone can appreciate this and will quickly understand the
> difference.  Those who do self-study of the bhashyam in bits and pieces
> will find it extremely difficult to shed their preconceived notions.

Again, are you indirectly saying Madhusudhana is one such person and
did not understand the sampradAya? One wonders.

/SV