[Advaita-l] Eka jiva vada and nana jiva vada.

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 13:13:45 CDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 8:27 AM, Venkatesh Murthy <vmurthy36 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Namaste
>
> Who has seen Half Man Half Lion? But we can imagine Narasimha Avatara.
> Someone has made a Narasimha statue or picture. We can see it and imagine.
> We can offer prayers to Narasimha.

There is the description of Narasimha in the purana.  We know what a lion
looks like and to connect it with a human body is not difficult keeping in
mind the description.  But the case of hare's horn is different.  What horn
will you put on the hare's head?  We know only certain kinds of horns.
There is no description of a hare's horn in any literature that can be
relied upon unlike the Narasimha description of the purana.  If you draw a
picture of a hare's horn, only you will have to call it so; no one else
will approve it.  The case is not so with Narasimha's picture.

subrahmanian.v