[Advaita-l] Eka jiva vada and nana jiva vada.

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 22:09:14 CDT 2013

Namaste

I am

GK VP 9-10 has said -

* Similarly, in the waking state, what is imagined within by the mind
is**illusory and what is cognized outside by the mind, real; but both
should be**held, on rational grounds, to be unreal.*

> There is the description of Narasimha in the purana.  We know what a lion
> looks like and to connect it with a human body is not difficult keeping in
> mind the description.  But the case of hare's horn is different.  What horn
> will you put on the hare's head?  We know only certain kinds of horns.
> There is no description of a hare's horn in any literature that can be
> relied upon unlike the Narasimha description of the purana.  If you draw a
> picture of a hare's horn, only you will have to call it so; no one else
> will approve it.  The case is not so with Narasimha's picture.

I am not trying to show hare horns are real. I am also saying they are
false only.I can imagine some horns for a hare in my mind and draw a
picture. If others are saying it is not a real thing I agree. I never want
to say hare horns are real. I never want others to approve my picture.

But others will say a hare without horns is real and hare with horns is
false. Because hare without horns is SEEN and hare without horns is
IMAGINED. To this GK VP 9-10 has said BOTH are unreal. BOTH IMAGINED and
SEEN things are unreal.

*'Similarly, in the waking state, what is imagined within by the mind
is**illusory and what is cognized outside by the mind, real; but both
should be**held, on rational grounds, to be unreal.'*

> subrahmanian.v
>

> > Mathematics genius Ramanujan was
> > dreaming Narasimha was coming and giving him all the Maths formulas.
> >
> > For Rabbit Horns also I can imagine some Rabbit with Horns in my mind. I
> > cannot see it outside the mind. But it is there in my mind. It is
> unreal. I
> > can draw a hare horns picture. If I want I can build a statue also. I can
> > see a Rabbit without horns running in the garden in waking and dream.
> There
> > is no difference between the Rabbit with horns in my mind and Rabbit
> > without horns.

-Venkatesh