[Advaita-l] Eternal Loka

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Aug 13 05:11:39 CDT 2013

praNAms
Hare Krishna

If you don't answer the question what happens to Ishwara (mayasabalitha
brahman) on pralaya, then you can say He is non-eternal.

>  when shankara says Ishwara with his mAyOpAdi is kevala vyAvahArika
satya which is avidyAkruta & there is no Ishwara & ishitavya in
paramArtha, we could  see the thought process  of shankara on mAyOpAdhi
Ishwara in paramArtha.

Also, if you ignore Appayya Dikshita or for that matter Jaimini in Brahma
Sutra where the mukta is to become one with Parameshwara, then again you
can say that Ishwara is non-eternal (non-existent).

> I've not read jaimini's sUtra bhAshya, but shankara is quite clear about
Ishwara tattva when it comes to paramArtha.  No need to mention advaitins
in general  prefer shankara's bhAshya to all other commentaries when it
comes to siddhAnta nirNaya.  parameva hi brahma vishuddhOpAdhi saMbandhaM
kvachit kaichidvikAra dharmaiH manOmayatvAdhibhiH upAsanAyOpadishyamAnaM
aparamiti stithiH...clarifies shankara...So, what you say about mAyA
shabAlita brahma is nothing but apara brahma according to shankara which
is meant for upAsaNa where as apara brahman is completely free from any
type of upAdhi (sarvOpAdhi vivarjitaM).

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar