[Advaita-l] Eternal Loka

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 06:27:51 CDT 2013

Namaste

Very nice response showing Adi Sankara's crystal clear thoughts. The Vishnu
and Siva Murtis are for Upasana only. If  you read
Vishnu and Bhagavatam Purana you can see Siva is praying to Vishnu. In Siva
Purana you can see Vishnu is praying to Siva. In Saundarya Lahari you can
see all gods are praying to the Goddess, For each Bhakta his own Ishta
Devata is greatest. All Devatas are for Upasana only. They are not eternal.
Bhakta has to accept Jnana Marga finally.

Advaitins will understand this and not get into fights with Vaishnavas and
Saivas.

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 3:41 PM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:

> praNAms
> Hare Krishna
>
> If you don't answer the question what happens to Ishwara (mayasabalitha
> brahman) on pralaya, then you can say He is non-eternal.
>
> >  when shankara says Ishwara with his mAyOpAdi is kevala vyAvahArika
> satya which is avidyAkruta & there is no Ishwara & ishitavya in
> paramArtha, we could  see the thought process  of shankara on mAyOpAdhi
> Ishwara in paramArtha.
>
> Also, if you ignore Appayya Dikshita or for that matter Jaimini in Brahma
> Sutra where the mukta is to become one with Parameshwara, then again you
> can say that Ishwara is non-eternal (non-existent).
>
> > I've not read jaimini's sUtra bhAshya, but shankara is quite clear about
> Ishwara tattva when it comes to paramArtha.  No need to mention advaitins
> in general  prefer shankara's bhAshya to all other commentaries when it
> comes to siddhAnta nirNaya.  parameva hi brahma vishuddhOpAdhi saMbandhaM
> kvachit kaichidvikAra dharmaiH manOmayatvAdhibhiH upAsanAyOpadishyamAnaM
> aparamiti stithiH...clarifies shankara...So, what you say about mAyA
> shabAlita brahma is nothing but apara brahma according to shankara which
> is meant for upAsaNa where as apara brahman is completely free from any
> type of upAdhi (sarvOpAdhi vivarjitaM).
>
> Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
> bhaskar

-Venkatesh