[Advaita-l] essays by Sri.Vidhusekhara Bhattacharya ??

Swami Sarvabhutananda swami.sarvabhutananda at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 00:16:13 CDT 2013

OM
A human birth in any jAthi-Brahman/Kshatriya/ Vaiishya/sUdra are one only
jhAti jivAs!
Every one has to evolve to the status of brAhmanA!
Wishes.
Swami Sarvabhutananda

On Sunday, August 18, 2013, Venkata sriram P <venkatasriramp at yahoo.in>
wrote:
> Namaste Advaitins,
>
> I am in search of Sri.Vidhusekhara Bhattacharya who was a great scholar
in mimamsa,
> tarka and vedanta.  He was a great thinker too.
>
> He wrote some scholarly essays on mimAmsa sutras of "bAdari" (not the
bAdarAyaNa). As per Bhattacharya, he showed the pramANAs for the upanayana
of shUdrAs and their participation in
> vaidika karma kANDa as per the bAdari sUtrAs vide series 6.1.25 to 6.1.38.
>
> According to bAdari, even shUdrAs are also called "dwijAs" after their
upanayana samskAra as mentioned in the above sUtrAs.  Sri Vidhusekhara
Bhattacharya also refers the shAbara bhASya for mimAmsa who too supported
the participation of shUdrAs in yajnAs (vide shabara & karka bhASya).

> In darshapUrNamAsa iSTi, while approaching the "haviSkrut" (the one who
prepares the havish), a brAhmaNa should approach the haviSkrut and asks for
it with the pada "Ehi"; similarly, a kSatriya should ask with the pada
"Agahi"; similarly, the vaishya should ask with the pada "Adrava" and a
shUdra should ask the havish with the pada "AdhAma".  This is mentioned
even in shatapatha brAhmaNa (vide 1-1-4-2).

> Shabara Swami also advises the diksha vidhi for shudras who are
participating in vaidika karma kANDa and instructs them to have only
"dadhi" (curd) prepared from vyAghra-kSeera (milk of tiger) and further
goes to the extent that even shUdrAs have got the adhikAra for sOma-pAna
(vide shatapatha brAhmaNa 5.5.4.9).

> Any directions / pointers for the whereabouts of these essays of Sri
Vidhusekhara Bhattacharya would be highly appreciated.

> I want to read in original what exactly is written in that.  Some of the
essays were translated into telugu by a great telugu scholar, poet by name
brahmasri shatAvadhAni veluri sivarama sastry garu.

> regs,
> sriram

VISIT http://inteligentliving.blogspot.com/
WELCOME YOUR INTERACTION.