[Advaita-l] Real vs. Unreal

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 09:06:44 CST 2013

Namaste Rajaram,

Jivan mukata-s are there for teaching humans and for proving that after
Jnana, body does not necessarily drop, else who will take sanyasa that too
in the youth. In Nirvikalp samadhi, one can stay only for 21 days says Sri
Ramakrishna, after that body drops.

Others have given many explanations.

Teachings can be given only in duality. In advaita there is no teaching,
there is no second, but to remove ignorance we have to take vishaya as
Brahman and prayojana / hetu as removal of ignorance and phala shruti is
moksha. AdhikAra is 4 pre-requisites.

Who is going to tell you that you are dreaming? the one who is not
dreaming? Hence Ishvara himself brings down Jnani from Advaita plane of
Nirvikalp samadhi but still he makes him to always be in touch with Brahman
i.e. rooted in Brahman.

You take whatever reason you want, like Prarabhdha or will of God, it all
happens for uplifting humanity.

Perhaps Swami Sacchidananda has given some explanation for Jivanmukta and
Videha mukta in his critical study - The Method of Vedanta (Vedanta
Pratigya Pratyabhigna). I will try to refer and reply if I find anything
that is not said, But I remember that in Adviata Siddhi, Prarabhdha is
given the reason for body still hanging in.

OM

Sujal Upadhyay