[Advaita-l] Mayavada Darpanam

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Tue Dec 17 00:37:08 CST 2013

On Tue, 17 Dec 2013, rajaramvenk at gmail.com wrote:

> I shared the view with the intent of protection of dharmic traditions in
> mind.

And how many dharmic traditions were protected by that outburst?

> I thought any one is welcome to share their views on this forum
> just as you would allow guests in your house to speak for dharma as they
> deem fit. If we don't share our thoughts (and remain open to
> correction), how can we learn?

For one thing, if you are in my house you had better speak of dharma as _I_
deem fit!  As for this list, it is for the study of Advaita Vedanta as
taught by Shri Shankaracharya.  Aimless complaints about the state of the
world are off topic.

> If you equate vaishnavism (vishishtadvaita, dwaita etc.), which are self
> - consistent philosophical systems to abrahmic cults, the onus is on you
> to prove that it is the case.

All these things share one common quality; they are wrong.  The ways in
which they express wrongness are irrelevant here though the difference may
be of interest to the same readers elsewhere.