[Advaita-l] New list - clarifications

S Jayanarayanan sjayana at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 10 17:32:07 CST 2013

"If Shiva is angry with you, your Guru will protect you" - Guru Gita.

I've received a few queries on the new "Chaturamnaya" mailing list, hope this posting clarifies any doubts.

About a couple of weeks ago, I asked Vidya if there could be a mailing list for the Sankara Maths, and got the nod of approval. I then exchanged emails with Jaldhar (discussing reasons already mentioned in the "FAQ" of the list, such as the Sankara Maths being the oldest in the tradition, their adherence to Dharma, etc.) and he created the list giving it the name "Chaturamnaya". The FAQ and Rules were drafted by me later.

Personally, I haven't visited any of the Sankara Maths except Sringeri - and that was over two decades ago. But I maintain a high regard for the Jagadguru Peetham in the Sankara tradition. An ounce of instruction from the Guru is weightier than a ton of arguments on a subject.

The new list is for any discussions concerning Vedic Dharma, but within the framework of the teachings of the Sankara Maths. At this time, the list is NOT moderated.