[Advaita-l] On rationality; was "Vedas are not apauresheya according to the Vedas ?"

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 17:45:42 CST 2013

> . I need not believe anything that Shruti says unless
> I directly see its truth. I only have to entertain it as a tentative
> hypothesis and verify whether my experience tallies with it or not.

RV: Then you have to perform a yajna, without sraddha until the success
proves it. And it will never succeed because you did not have sraddha, a
pre-requisite for success. There is a way out of this.

"A statement, is true until it is refuted."

This leads to sraddha as the starting position and not doubt. It also gives
room for correction and pogression of knowledge.On the face of it, it is
simplistic but is  on a strong foundation superior to philosophy of
science. Karl Popper's falsifiability criterion is like an incubator of
doubt and inhibitor of subjective truth.
.