[Advaita-l] Eternal Loka

rajaramvenk at gmail.com rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 02:47:28 CDT 2013

If I were you, I will not judge Sridhara's compliance with the tradition based on what some meat eating swami said recently. I will do it the other way round.

I always maintained that sarvajna Ishwara is eternal in advaita. He is adi karta Narayana beyond particulars but who assumes all names and forms. Even a mukta, who is in vyavahara, cannot deny His existence. It is Shri Jaldhar who said Ishwara loses His identity and becomes one with parabrahman. He is, perhaps basing his opinion on the statements that the krama muktas who go to Hiranyagarbha loka attain parabrahman at the end of the kalpa along with their deity. I don't know because he has not clarified. It is Shri Vidyasankar who said if Vyavahara is eternal there can be no moksha for anyone. My understanding is as is Ishwara so is vyavahara - eternal. Moksha is metaphorical in advaita.