[Advaita-l] Why does anything exist at all

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 00:22:44 CST 2014

No sir. Advaita Sidhanta is very clear on this. Maaya is jada and
cannot/does not  create on its own. Brahman/Consciousness/Atman is
responsible for Creation. Since Brahman is presented as Actionless on its
own, Maaya is presented as the intermediary which acts with the
backing/blessings of Brahman and is considered as the Shakti/Power of
Brahman. Its status of existence  is considered Anirvachaniya because it
cannot be apprehended directly but its existence  is inferred from the
effect ( Creation ).

There are a number of Sutras in BS in this regard for which the Bhashya is
very clear. I presume there is really no need to enumerate them here again.

Regards

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 10:02 AM, Venkatesh Murthy via Advaita-l <