[Advaita-l] (Advaita-l)Karma,future births etc

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 7 22:18:34 CST 2014

Krishnamurthyji - PraNAms

Yes aatma is all pervading eternal and ever pure and cannot be tainted by anything.

The discussion of karma and its locus does not apply to pure aatma.

It applies to jiiva who has the notion that I am this - where this starts buddhi, mind, senses etc - It is the jiiva that has ignorance and hence takes himself to be a jiiva with limited upaadhis. All pervading consciousness that reflects in the subtle body is chidaabhaasa and this conditioned consciousness has the notion that I am independent conscious entity different from other (conditioned) consciousness(es). Hence the divisions - jiiva-jiiva, jiiva-jagat, jiiva-Iswara, Iswara-jagat and internal differences in the jagat - All differences are taken to be real. Hence the whole package is only in vyavahaara. Your question involves jumping from saamanya chaitanya to vishiShTa chaitanya. This was extensively discussed by Swami Paramarthanandaji during vicharasagara text that you are familiar

Hari Om!
Sadananda