[Advaita-l] Body is the disease

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Jan 24 04:02:52 CST 2014

The objection of anirvachnIyatvam of avidyaa is also one the seven
objections raised by Ramanuja in his Shree Bhashya while criticizing the
avidya aspect in advaita, while still stating that the anaadi avidyaa is
the root cause for samsara of jiivas.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

brahmAshrita mUlAvidyA is anirvachaneeya says vyAkhyAnakAra-s.  But
bhAshyakAra does not say avidyA is sadasad vilakshaNa, in geeta bhAshya he
counts avidyA lakshaNa-s and says, agrahaNa, anyathAgrahaNa and saMshaya.
He does not say it is anirvachaneeya.  In adhyAsa bhAshya too I think he
does not concede that avidyA is anirvachaneeya...But he attribute this
tattvAnyatva to avidyA kalpita nAma rUpAtmaka mAya.  But if we equates
avidyA with mAya, then theory  that says avidyA is anirvachaneeya holds
good.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar