[Advaita-l] 'world' is not the mental creation of tiny soul !!

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 05:56:57 CDT 2014

Hare Krishna Sri BP ji,

Sorry for interruption. Just want to make one point.

Upadesha-s should be said and has to be understood from the perspective
which makes one introvert.

kuTastha (AtmA / Brahman) is reflected in pot water is called as chidAbhAsa
(jIva). jIva spreads through the body via 72000 nADI-s. jIva with the help
of mind and mind with the help of senses becomes extrovert. Mind travels
via sense objects upto objects (my own understanding) and intellect
interprets and gives meaningful meaning which is associated with our past
memories i.e. mind and brain or say perception is done by reflecting upon
and matching the current image with the past image that is seen. If
unrecognized, it is a new shape and needs a new name.

So, from Brahman to jiva to mind to sense is a journey outward. This is
refers to external objects (bahir draShya).
sanchita Jnana, that which is already known in past, means mental
reflections, present in mind. This refers to internal objects (antar
draShya).

Now our journey is to go back from extrovert to introvert. Both the
reflections i.e. external (outside our body - in material world) and in
inside us (in our mind) are to be renounced. In other words whatever is
draShya (observed) be it worldly objects or their reflection in mind, are
to be renounced and mind has to be turned introvert.

So the map would be

external objects --> internal objects --> source of both (no objects).

Now, the question is, by your way of understanding, can we reach the source
of both (which is the substratum of every reflection?

By seeing clay an clay will mind calm down and merge in source or will it
remain to keep seeing 'something'?

Please think.

Unlike me you all are highly intelligent and can quote shastras at will :)
. Clarity and right direction is extremely important.

A personal opinion:

An introvert mind is not interested and hence not influenced by external
objects. Hence nothing more gets into the mind with a tinge of desire
(kAma). What remains is old reflected, the collected information, which are
shapes and forms with meaning attached to them, AND our desires that are
already present since past lives before our mind became introvert.
Meditation is a process to dis-associate with objects (both external and
internal) and let Brahman uproot desires. When whatever was dumped into
mind is fully emptied, mind is destroyed and merges in brahman. Less the
desire, more is the peace. Just like tiger after tasting blood ... :)
similarly mind after tasting the nijAnanda (even a short period of time)
wishes to experience it again and again. With more deep jumps into source,
this desire intensifies until the ego sense and desires and thoughts are
completely destroyed. This is end of sadhana after which whatever has to be
achieved has been achieved, nothing needs to be fulfilled anymore, no need
for shastras, guru, meditation, god, this body. AND you do not return back
to this world. This state is permanent.

(read my signature ;) )

OM

Sujal

"To disconnect from the self and to become Aware of anything else is
nothing but unhappiness" - Bhagawan Ramana Maharshi

He who has faith has all
He who lacks faith, lacks all
It is the faith int he name of lord that works wonders
FAITH IS LIFE, DOUBT IS DEATH - Sri Ramakrishna