[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Re: Weather Vedas are considered as false in ultimate reality?

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 00:16:48 CDT 2015

Namaste
On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 7:35 AM, Harsha Bhat via Advaita-l
<advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:
> Siva Sir,
>                              I understood,I mixed the topic that is the
> reason for my doubt.
> If deep sleep is moksha,every day night I go to deep sleep..that means I
> will go to moksha every night...
No need for confusion. Dreamless sleep is not Moksha. In this sleep
you will have Mula Avidya but not Tula Avidya. In this sleep Mula
Avidya will not even have Vikshepa Sakti but it will have Avarana
Sakti. What is this? It cannot Project objects in sleep but it can
cover the Brahman. In Moksha there is not even a trace of Mula Avidya.
This is the difference between the two the learned have understood.
But dreamless sleep is definitely the Nearest to Moksha because there
is no Dvaita in it. There is no Pramatru Pramana Prameya in it. There
is only Bliss like in Moksha because there is no bad experience like
in Dream and Waking.

You can have bad experience in Dream and Waking but dreamless sleep is
Peaceful only for everyone like Saint, Sinner, child, man, woman, the
worst criminal, the best Nobel Peace prize winner, Brahmana,
Kshatriya, Vaishya, Sudra, Chandala, prostitute, Pativrata, President,
lowest coolie, MD of company, servant, rapist, rape victim, police,
thief, corrupt politician, honest person, Agnihotri, Dog eater, person
lost all his wealth, beggar, person sleeping in Five Star hotel room,
person sleeping on footpath, criminal sleeping last time to be hanged
in the morning, person sleeping on nice soft bed, person sleeping on
hard cement bench, 90 years old person, new born baby, villager, city
person, Brahmachari, Gruhastha, Sannyasi, Hindu, Muslim, Christian,
Sikh, Buddhist, Jew, Parsee, Vaishnava, Saiva, Sakta, Ganapatya,
Saura, Kaumara and so on. All have Blissful Dreamless sleep. It is
Nearest  to Advaita but not equal. Therefore if we want to know Moksha
we have to study Dreamless sleep. But we have to know it is not
exactly Moksha also. We keep on coming back to waking reality.

-Venkatesh