[Advaita-l] My sons Upanayana

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Mon Sep 21 23:57:58 CDT 2015

On Mon, 21 Sep 2015, V Subrahmanian wrote:

> It is very heartening to note that you have initiated your son at the right
> age.  Pl. keep up the tempo of all that you have started: svādhyāya,
> sandhyavandana ritual, Sanskrit learning, etc.

It is a lot to take in and not all of it will "stick" straight away but we
think it is important for him to get familiar with all these things as
soon as possible.

> Let the Mothers Savitri, Gayatri and Saraswati shower their choicest
> blessings on the vaṭu Nīlagrīva.  Teach him soon the Sri Rudram where occur
> the words: nīlagrīvāḥ śitikaṇṭhāh...

Thankyou for your kind words.

During the shravana masa I have been daily reciting the first sukta of the
rudradhyaya in which the name also occurs (and the entire 8 adhyayas on
Mondays) so he has gotten familiar with that too.  Right now with the
Ganeshotsava going on we have been studying Ganapatiatharvashiras.  Again,
mastery will be a slow and arduous process but the idea for now is to make
him atleast aware of the vast ocean of shastra.