[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Apr 5 03:53:34 CDT 2016

Bhaskarji, you must certainly be commended for holding your own against the flood of replies from so many people, and especially so, for maintaining your temper throughout the discussion.

praNAms Sri Venkatraghavan prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Thanks for your kind words.  Why I don’t lose my temper is because unlike others (who are already settled in their viewpoints thanking their teachers / saMpradAya etc. for imparting the 'correct' teaching etc. and picking the others from that already 'settled' siddhanta etc. :-) I don’t have any settled views on this topic.  I am just neutrally analyzing these issues with the help of bhAshya pAtha and shrutyukta mantra-s.  Yes, from my stickiness to this topic it may sound that jagat satyatva is  a settled issue in my books of vedAnta but that is not the case.  You can find my thoughts on jagan mithyatva (with same degree of intensity), ashareeratvaM of jnAni as well   in the pUrNamidaM & jnAni's BMI discussion in advaitin group .  So, unlike others I am not prejudiced in this subject and trying to analyze it from all the possible angles which are in line with shruti, yukti and anubhava.  Since there is nothing like subjective passionate involvement from my side in this topic, despite numerous personal attacks and socalled 'logical' pickings, labelling me asaMpradAyik idiot etc.   I could still maintain my mental harmony :-) And when I feel tired, happily I would rest my case without much ado :-)

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar