[Advaita-l] If Jagat is Satya like Brahman

Shashwata Shastri shashwata.unimas at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 00:20:32 CDT 2016

Namaste Venktesh Ji,
If everything is that art Brahman, how come a different identity is used
for Jagat? Wouldn't Jagat be as the same as Brahman? If Jagat is Brahman
itself then the difference between Jagat and Brahman disappears instantly.
If all the ring and necklace of gold are turned into solid gold again, the
names and forms which were identified as ring and necklace also vanish at
the same time. If they claim Brahman and Jagat is different then everything
can not be brahman and if they claim that both are the same then the jagat
itself can not appear as an independent existence which is different from
Brahman. Solid bar of gold and a gold ring can not be equated when it comes
to measuring them based on prefixed standards. Hence gold bar and gold ring
can not be the same thing. The bar and ring are always different or should
I say a bar can not be the same as a ring. Only the element gold which is
the common essence between those shapes, can be acknowledged as equal. Just
because the scripture says everything is Brahman does not mean that Brahman
is the object itself.

We can not just assume A=B. That doesn't work. If A=x and B=x (A and B need
to have the same value, when it comes to the context of equilibrium or
equality), then we can say A=B, here both A and B are just variables for
the keep of namesake. The actual constant her is x. As A and B is
changeable according to our assumption, therefore, variables can not be
absolute. And which is not absolute can not be regarded as Brahman.

P.S: Just my thoughts. Correct me if I am wrong.

Best Regards,

Virus-free.
<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Shashwata Chowdhury