[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Re: The universe is Śiva's Eight-fold form - Harivamśa

sreenivasa murthy narayana145 at yahoo.co.in
Fri Aug 5 19:48:28 CDT 2016

>From : H.N.Sreenivasa Murthy
Pranams to all.

Dear Readers,

   Sri Shankara in his  Introductory commentary to Shloka 1-3-13 of Kathopanishad writes
   thus :
    EvaM puruShE Atmani sarvaM pravilApya nAmarUpakarmatrayaM  yanmithyAJnAnavijRumBitaM
kriyAkArakaPalalaKsHaNaM  svAtmayAthAtmyajnAnEna marIcyudakarajjusarpagaganamalAnIva
marIcirajjusvarUpadarSanEnaiva svasthaH praSAntAtmA kRutakRutyO Bavati YataH ||

    Readers may please refer to mantra 2-2-12 of Mundakopanishad and Sri Shankara's commentary upon that  mantra which has a bearing upon the above quoted BAShya.
   Upanishads loudly proclaim : ahamEvEdagaM sarvam ||Chandogya 7-25-1
                                             AtmaivEdagaM sarvam || Chandogya 7-25-2.
  WHere do the gods of theology come into the picture?

      In the light of the above teaching I would like to know in what way the information provided in the posting is of any use to a mumkshu who is after Atmajnana. Will it not be more beneficial to majority of the readers to familarize the members with such kind of precious teachings of Sri Shankara as quoted above. I am of the opinion that this kind of highlighting of Sri Shankara's  such teachings by eminent  leaders of this group will be very beneficial to all.

   Kindly pardon me for sharing my thoughts.

  I will close this posting of mine with a quotation from Mundaka Upanishad : anya vAcO vimuNcatha ||

With respectful namaskarams,
Sreenivasa Murthy